My KitKat Performance Tweaks
Been awhile since I’ve posted anything… holy moly has it!So, as I am sure most of you are aware, I am a programmer/developer by heart and soul, so it was only a matter of time before I started (finally) getting into doing some tweaking for Android devices. As a result, I have made up a set of “tweaks” for my Note 3 that have it running creamy smooth like buttah ;)It all started with my Galaxy S4 actually, but since i don’t have that beast anymore, I did it for my Note 3.
What does it do Kev?
- Vacuum’s SQLite every 4 days
- Zip-Aligns all User Data APK’s every 3 days (if you choose)
- Cleans Caches, Logs, Tombstones, etc… every week
- Tweaks Your systems I/O
- Makes your Mobile and Wifi Networks faster
- Bumps your Wifi scan to every 300 seconds (battery saver)
- Enables some Dalvik VM Flags to optimize the loading and executing of all your apps
- Enables Dalvik to execute in the Java JIT
- Bumps your Dalvik Heaps a tad (let’s face it… we got 3G of RAM, so why not?)
- Moves your Dalvik to your /cache partition, leaving you a bit more room for more apps
- Removes ext4 Journalism on your internal system storage (big time performance boost)
- Forces your Launcher into Memory (yes this will take up a bit more RAM, however, your launcher will be much more responsive)
- Remounts your devices system, data, and cache partitions explicitly, no updating timestamps, and asyncronous I/O calls
- Tweaks your External SD Card read-ahead
- Calibrates your Battery if it needs it
- Enables true init.d support to devices that are bootloader locked
- De-Bloats Note 3 Devices of Samsung, GApps, and Carrier Bloatware. NOTE: Don’t bother using it if you’ve flashed a Note 4 or S5 rom
- Logs most actions to /sdcard
But, why do I need it Kev?
In all honesty, you probably don’t. Personally I wanted a little more oomph outta my device, so here we are… Not that there’s anything wrong with the default, but me being on a locked bootload on my S4, I didn’t get the luxury of being able to flash custom kernels to suit most of these needs
Can I run it manually?
Sure. Grab a terminal emulator and type the following.
su sh /system/etc/init.d/10KevsTweaks sh /system/etc/init.d/11KevsDalvikMover sh /system/etc/init.d/12KevsZipAligner
You can find more, and the downloads over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile/themes-apps/mod-kevs-performance-tweaks-note-2-0-3-t2933167